Printfriendly

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sizzling Paella Love....Celebrating the life of Les Blank

Print Friendly and PDF

I attended the memorial of friend and amazingly talented documentary film maker Les Blank last weekend.  Harrod Blank his son and dear friend, allowed me the honor of transporting his family in my art car from the grave site to the church.


It was a beautiful celebration of his life.  Les loved Garlic and grew prize winning huge bulbs of it.  We laid garlic and flowers on his grave in a New Orleans Funeral procession.




There was so much music, food and so many outstanding creative people were there. Werner Herzog spoke, I met Alice Waters of (Chez Panisse) and many other outstanding friends and stars of the Blank family. There were two huge Paella pans cooking, Isabelle Murphy made this outstanding Paella I had to shoot this:


Alice is dedicating a special Garlic menu on Bastille Day, at Chez Panisse - July 14, 2013 ~ Celebrating the Life and Films of Les Blank - Come dance, eat garlic, and drink rosé. Special menus in the Café and Restaurant and music by the Baguette Quartet.  I plan to attend.


No comments:

Post a Comment