Printfriendly

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

GREAT BBQ! Papa's Soul Food Kitchen, Eugene, OR

OMFG!  Tyler Runyan – local art car artist, recent college graduate and hilariously adorable friend as our awesome tour guide took us to this GREAT PLACE!!!!  Real Soul Food – YES my friends, REAL BBQ in Eugene, OR.  They also play blues on their outside stage in the back. 


Here's another off the hook great restaurant on my journey:


Papa's Soul Food Kitchen
400 Blair Blvd
Eugene, OR 97402
(541) 342-7500

 
This small neighborhood BBQ joint kicks all the asses!  Papa passed away not too long ago, and I was able to meet his family who work there, they told me some great stories about their father.  Long time gourmet chef and BBQ man who settled down on Oregon, opened this treasure about 5 years ago, bringing comfort food, sweet tea and great cocktails to the Whitaker district of Eugene, OR. 

Some of the best ribs I have encountered!  A huge plate of Pork Ribs, Mac & Cheese and corn cost me a total of $10!  Great local beers… You have gotta go check this place out!


No comments:

Post a Comment