Printfriendly

Monday, November 17, 2014

Turduckin the easy way...

Happy Holidays All!  

It's that time of year and instead of doing the same old turkey, why not try a Turduckin?  I am sure I will try my hand at making one from scratch.  I haven't done one of these yet, but I have enjoyed one ordered from one of the best places ever for amazing fresh southern stores online, the Cajun Grocer.  I order lots of stuff from them.  Always fresh, fast and yummy.



Take it easy on yourself and order a Turduckin done right online from THE CAJUN GROCER  They have all kinds of different stuffing choices, from Creole to Seafood Jambalaya to even a "Make your own", if you feel up to it.  IT IS SO TOTALLY WORTH IT!


What is a Turduckin you ask?  

Wikipedia says, "Turducken is a dish consisting of a deboned chicken stuffed into a deboned duck, which is in turn stuffed into a deboned turkey. The word turducken is a portmanteau of turkey, duck, and chicken. The dish is a form of engastration, which is a recipe method in which one animal is stuffed inside the gastric passage of another.[1]


The thoracic cavity of the chicken/game hen and the rest of the gaps are stuffed....What the  %^*$?  If the term thoracic cavity doesn't just wet your appetite, I don't know what will?  I wonder if I have one of those? Anywho, have a fabulous turkey day....  xxxooo III
Wishing you stress free and Happy Thoracic Cavity Filled Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment