Printfriendly

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sully's Outrageously Delicious Ribs

Years ago I had the privilege of working in a fun entertainment type theme restaurant. I wore a costume and served surf and turf all year round. 


I was the house psychic and my name was “Clara Voyant ” and sometimes “Rita Fortune”. I would walk up to tables and hold my forehead, and before they could speak I'd say, "Don't tell me, I know what you want"..and then would proceed to sell them the nights specials, tell bad jokes, sing them songs and try to guess their astrology signs. I had a lot of fun and met some great people along the way.

The guys that cooked in the back were mainly from El Salvador. One night after work, one of the chefs made this dish for himself and the kitchen crew and let me try some. The thing that makes this rib recipe so unusual is that they are cooked in a pan on the stove top. They are spicy, light and encased in savory simple goodness… These are addictive. 



I wonder what ever happened to good ol' Sully?

INGREDIENTS:

1 large slab of baby back ribs
2 Jalapeno peppers minced
1 Habenero pepper minced
2 tablespoons honey
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 large onion minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
The juice of 3 large limes


COOKING MUSIC SELECTION: Ricardo Arjona - A cara o cruz

PREPARATION:
Take the raw slab of ribs and remove the membrane, and then cut each rib into individual pieces. In a large fry pan or electric skillet, add the olive oil and butter, then the garlic, onions and peppers over medium heat. Sautee lightly and then add the raw ribs. Brown the ribs slowly on each side, turning to make sure they are evenly browned on both sides. Turn down the heat and add the lime juice and cover. Let them simmer slowly for 15 mins. Uncover and turn them a couple more times to reduce the juices. Serve hot and pour the leftover sauces over the ribs…enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment